- This event has passed.
First Ever Chain-Bidding Sealed Tournament at Top Deck Games
Come join us at Top Deck Games for our first ever Chain-Bidding Sealed tournament on Saturday, January 5th!
– Registration: 11:00am-12:20pm
– Bidding starts at 12:30pm
FORMAT: Sealed – Auction
– Pods of 8 or best fit
– Pairings within pods
– 3 swiss rounds. Best of 1 matches. 50-minute rounds.
– Standard end-of-time procedures.
– Chain-Bidding: Players will bid a number of chains for a deck of their choice. Each game, players will start with the number of chains they bid on the deck.
1. Each player received a sealed deck. Players will register their deck upon opening them, before the bidding begins. Players will receive their registered deck at the end of the tournament.
2. Each deck is placed on the table and players in the pod will have time to look at the deck lists (~2 minutes per deck).
3. Players are then seated randomly at the table. Starting with seat #1. Player 1 starts the bidding at 0 chains, and the bidding goes around the table clockwise until a bid goes unchallenged. The maximum bid for any deck is 24 chains (auto win).
4. Bidding happens until all decks are accounted for.
5. If a player has already won a deck during the bidding phase, skip that player.
Note: Each deck has a starting bid of 0 chains. Players may only win one deck in the bidding phase.
PRIZES: Based on standings per pod. 1 deck per player into prize pool.
@ 8 players:
1st: 4 decks
2nd: 2 decks
3rd-4th: 1 deck